Hosted by one of the Million Acre Challenge founding partners, this series is designed to support a distributed and diverse composting infrastructure that includes community-scale and on-farm composting.
Are you a local government interested in reducing and recycling wasted food and curious to learn how you can help spur community-scale composting? Or perhaps you are a community-oriented composter or micro hauler searching for public-private partnerships. This webinar series is for you!
Join these virtual events to learn how cities are providing community-scale composting with a wide range of support including:
- Establishing community composting at urban gardens,
- Training community members on how to compost successfully,
- Funding equipment for small sites,
- Funding staff at existing nonprofit organizations,
- Incorporating community composting into climate action strategies and other plans,
- Granting access to land, and
- Awarding major contracts for curbside and drop-off food scraps collection.
To view and listen to their past composting-related webinar recordings, click HERE.
The goal of the Million Acre Challenge is to support farmers in building healthy soils on one million acres of Maryland agricultural land by 2030. By joining the Challenge, you show your commitment to putting your boots on the pathway to a profitable, resilient future for your farm with healthy soils as the foundation.